Monday, March 26, 2012

Sea World and San Antonio {Spring Break 2012}

We went to Sea World in San Antonio, TX!!

And I must share...this was the trip of DEALS!

It was a lot of fun!  We all really enjoyed the shows.  And no, we didn't sit in any of the "soak zone" seats!  It was such a great trip to take with the kids at their ages.  We rented a double stroller for the day and it was the best $18 decision we made all day.  We got a DEAL on the admission to the park (as in free...military members can get free admission one day per year!) so I figured I could splurge on the stroller.

After Sea World, we changed hotels and stayed on the San Antonio Riverwalk.  I don't know if the kids enjoyed it as much as I did.  It is really a good thing my husband and I have been to San Antonio tons of times before because the kids were mostly interested in the hotel pool!  We didn't even take them inside the Alamo.   Just a picture out front is all we could manage.

Have you been to San Antonio?  You know the little boat tour that goes up and down the river?  We hyped it up to the kids and took them on it the first afternoon we were there.  I don't think they appreciated it as much as we did though.

Since the fall, my husband has been traveling so much for work that he is already a "gold" member at Marriott hotels...I was so surprised to learn that he earned us an upgraded room, free breakfasts, free wi-fi, and free appetizers-in-the-evenings-that-we-totally-made-into-our-dinner.  So that was the DEAL with the hotel on the river.

The night before we left home, I saw a Groupon for a double decker bus tour around the city and snatched that DEAL right up!  We took that on Friday morning.

We were able to hop on and off to see some sights and there was even free bottled water on the buses.

While we were in San Antonio there was a DEAL on Urban Dealights (similar to Groupon) for a restaurant on the Riverwalk!   I made sure we ate lunch there for half price.

OH and I almost forgot this DEAL:  I checked with the Denny's near our hotel at SeaWorld and kids eat free on Tuesdays!  Found out about this here - a website that has lists of places where kids eat free!

Now we are back home to a leaking toilet, a yard full of weeds, piles of laundry, and an empty fridge.  It will probably take me all week to get back into a routine here!  

2 comments:

  1. It definitely takes a while to get back in the groove of things after a great holiday. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your pictures, especially the last one, so sweet and colorful. Sounds like a great time. We have spring break coming up now so we are all excited.

    ReplyDelete

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...