Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Trying to regain momentum

Remember when kids napped? Ahhh. Those were the days. An hour or two to do something that I want to do or just recharge my batteries for the rest of the day. I miss naps. {sigh} I mean I REALLY miss naps.

I want to (finally) share some pics from when we tie dyed a couple weeks ago. They just turned out so great!

This was a spiral design
I don't know how you other craft bloggers are doing it! Crafting, Taking Picutres of Crafting, and Blogging about it all. I can barely stay afloat in my daily routine. Let alone make something *adorable* and share it with the world. (Ok, not really the "world" per se...just my handful of readers! Ha!)

I used a Tulip brand kit for this one!  Dyed the top and skirt!

This shirt is a bullseye and some stripes on the little sleeves.

At the moment, I don't know where my 6 and 4 yr old are...not good. Oh wait, at least I hear them. My 2 yr old has a fever and is napping (the only one who still humors me with a nap of some sort most days). It is storming. Which is fantastic because for the last, I don't know, 13 days it has been over 100 degrees. I think it was 106 on Saturday and Sunday. But the dishes are piled up. My coffee is cold and still in the pot. I still need to eat lunch. I need to start some laundry- all my kitchen towels are dirty. I did wash clothes this weekend and washed diapers yesterday. Dinner tonight is easy-peasy! I have got to share the "recipe" with you! It is one of my go-to dinners when we have a busy evening. Tonight we will divide up after dinner between a t-ball game and a t-ball practice.

But I AM thinking about crafts...if that counts for anything. I am getting ready to bring a color into my beige living room. I know, living on the edge here. I have decided on blue! Surprise, surprise. I just can't get into making anything because I am spending a lot of energy on keeping my kids entertained. I even offered to get out the paints today and they said "no". I don't get it! I can't win with them these days. Not like we had any *solid* routine before, but coming off of a two week vacation isn't helping either. Me or them. I still don't have a good routine with them. Well, there is always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...