Friday, April 1, 2011

Made in Oklahoma?

IMG_4359


After the kids went to bed last night, I made this apron and oven mitt. Stella's class is making a "Made in Oklahoma" basket for the school's upcoming spring auction. For whatever reason, I have (had) no ideas of what things are made in Oklahoma. But the basket soon filled up with paper towels, syrup, corn muffin mix, and beef jerky. OK. So I could hit the grocery store or I could find something handmade by a local crafter.

Last week, I went to this shopping market because I thought that is what they sold- handmade items. But just about everything was handmade in China. Which is fine. But I needed "Oklahoma." So my options were: drive around town searching or just hit Hobby Lobby and whip up something myself. And OH do I love how the fabric at HobLob coordinates itself. (=no thinking for me!)

Photobucket


For the oven mitt, I used this tutorial here at Skip to My Lou. But for the apron, I just winged it. I did refer to my apron tutorial for the sash dimensions.

Now, I am not sure if this will qualify as "made in Oklahoma" but I will donate it anyway.

IMG_4353


What do you think- does this qualify for Made in OK? What other items should I make next time we have an auction?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...